Vanessa Bryant Reveals Why She Hasn’t Settled Plane Crash Photo Lawsuit

Read Time:1 Minute, 16 Second

The widow of Kobe Bryant is suing Los Angeles County for damages related to the unauthorized release of crash site photos.

Vanessa Bryant recently filed a lawsuit against Los Angeles County that accused the sheriff and fire department employees of using their phones to share photos to the public from the scene of the helicopter crash that killed her husband, Kobe Bryant.

Friday was Day 8 of the civil trial, and it was marked by Vanessa sitting on the stand and answering questions for more than three hours, according to USA TODAY.

While two other families received $1.25 million from the county to resolve similar lawsuits last year, Bryant refuses to settle the case as the trial continues on.

“I’m willing to go through hell and back to get justice for my husband and daughter,” she told the court on Friday. Bryant is seeking damages for the gruesome photos of the crash site that were shared without her consent.

Bryant, as well as Chris Chester, who lost his wife and daughter in the crash, allege that Los Angeles county “violated their constitutional rights to control the death images of their loved ones.”

“I live in fear every day,” Bryant told the court, as she described her concerns about the photos of Kobe and their daughter Gianna being shared once again.

ABG-SI LLC. SPORTS ILLUSTRATED is a registered trademark of ABG-SI LLC. All Rights Reserved. Use of this site constitutes acceptance of our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy

 

Happy
Happy
0 %
Sad
Sad
0 %
Excited
Excited
0 %
Sleepy
Sleepy
0 %
Angry
Angry
0 %
Surprise
Surprise
0 %

Previous post How To Watch/Stream Broncos At Bills Preseason Game 2
Next post On Chile Rivers, Native Spirituality And Development Clash